<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 08, 2004



Do you ever wish you had never set foot out of the house? I'm just getting back from the Smell in downtown LA. A few days ago a friend recommended that I check out some of the bands playing Friday at this club. He has pretty good taste so I made plans to go down there. I got home from work and I was pretty dead tired, but I still headed down to the club. I saw the A Frames, which was the band he really recommended, and they were really good. Really primal drumming, low end bass, and guitar that sounded like sheets of noise. There was also an original sixties band called Golden Dawn playing. I guess they were contemporaries of the Thirteenth Floor Elevators, but I had never heard of them. I watched a few songs, but I wasn't feeling it and I left to head home. I get to my truck and someone had broken one of my side windows. I guess I should be thankful that nothing was stolen, but it still really bummed me out. I guess it was just done for the hell of it. Thank you, you motherfucking asshole. I was so close to not going to the show and now I kind of wish I hadn't. Oh well, at least I saw a cool band and I also found out the Ponys and the Hunches are going to be playing together in June, so that is something to be happy about. Oh, and I don't think that I will be returning to the Smell any time soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?