<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004



Last night I had planned on going to see a midnight showing of SIXTEEN CANDLES at the Nuart, but things fell through with the people who had shown interest in going. I just stayed home, drank beer, and watched the Laker game. I ended up having lunch with some of those same people today in Long Beach and a funny thing happened while we were waiting for a table. I went up to the little bar area to get a beer while I waited and the girl working there asked me about the Dirtbombs shirt I was wearing. She asked if I had gone to the show where they played with the Detroit Cobras. I said that I had and then she told me how much she loves the Detroit Cobras. I told her that they would be playing in July at the Troubadour and she got really excited. I told her about another cool show around that same time and the next thing I know she was giving me a free beer. Needless to say I had a nice little buzz going before my meal. My only other strange t-shirt experience involved a pizza delivery from Pizza Hut. I hear a knock at the door so I go to get my pizza and when I open the door the guy asks me if I like Stereolab. I was wearing my "Cliff" shirt which is a character taken from a Situationist comic that Stereolab used quite a bit on some of the covers of their early record releases. That was just one of those shirts that no one knew anything about, especially since the name Stereolab wasn't even on the shirt, so it was funny that of all people the pizza delivery guy would know what it was.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?