<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004



Last night I went to see the Vue and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the Echo. I've wanted to see the Vue for awhile and I finally made it out to one of their shows. I had heard some songs from their albums that I liked so I was looking forward to seeing them. They were just OK. For whatever reason they just didn't impress me that much. It was good, but I don't know if I would make a strong effort to see them again. On the other hand, I was really impressed with BRMC. I don't know why it has taken me so long to give them a chance being that they are always compared to bands I loved listening to in high school like the Jesus and Mary Chain. They don't remind me that much of that band, but last night I finally figured out what they remind me of. Oddly enough it is the song "Motorcycle" by Love and Rockets. BRMC have what I would call, and I don't think it a contradiction in terms, an aggressive "shoegazer" sound. They also remind me of Loop in that their songs seem to lock into a groove or repetition of sounds which I love. I really enjoyed them last night which was quite a difference from when I saw them at the Henry Fonda Theater a while back. That night I came away much more impressed by the Warlocks and I didn't really see the big deal about BRMC. I guess now I am a bit of a convert and I'll have to go out and buy their albums.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?