<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 07, 2004



One of my best friends, Sarah, is in the new issue of Rolling Stone. It's the one that has the cover that states, "50 Moments That Changed the History of Rock & Roll." There's an article about Nirvana and one of the pictures is taken from the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. Kurt is on the left, there's a cheerleader in the center of the frame, and Sarah is on the right. If you watch the video you really can't miss her because she's prominently dancing in slow motion. Just something that is kind of neat. A few of us went to see Nirvana at the Roxy on August 15, 1991. I don't think Nevermind had come out yet and I don't remember if this show was even sold out. I don't think that it was even all that crowded inside. They put on a good show and afterwards there were people recruiting audience members to appear in the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video shoot which occurred the next day or two. I think I had to work so I didn't go, but Sarah and a few other friends went and Sarah ended up getting some decent screen time in the video. Little did we know what was going to happen within the next few months when Nirvana started to explode. My friend Tita was going to school in England at the time and I still have letters from her recounting some of the early Nirvana madness that was going on over there. It was pretty unbelievable when that album reached number one. Here was a band that we would see in dives like Raji's, Bogart's, and Jabberjaw and suddenly they were the biggest band in the world.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?