<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004



Tuesday night I watched BIG FISH and I really liked it. Call me a pussy, but that ending really killed me. All power to the imagination!

I went to see Lambchop last night and I probably should have just stayed home. Mind you, they were good, but I was in a little down mood and the music didn't help me break out of that. Who would have thought that an eight-piece band could be so quiet. Really nice melodies would appear throughout the hushed music, but I guess I was in the wrong state of mind to really enjoy it. I guess their last record was like this so I really should have known what to expect. I love their album, Nixon, and I guess I was hoping the live show would have more of that type of sound which is very soulful and somewhat countrypolitan. I guess I can just live with their records or I will really have to check my mood before I try going to another of their live shows.

Tortoise is tonight and I'm really intrigued by the concept of this live show. Tortoise will be playing live and Scientist will be doing the mixing. I'm not a huge fan of reggae, especially the type forced down your throat at bars and commercial radio stations, but I do like dub quite a bit so this could turn out pretty interesting. I'm just not sure if it sounds interesting enough to get me to go. I've seen Tortoise before and they are another band that I can probably just live with their records, so we'll see...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?