<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004



Getty Museum Visit 



Saturday morning I went to the Getty Museum for the first time specifically to see the "Photographers of Genius" show that ends next weekend. It was nice to see prints by some artists who I really like such as Man Ray, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, and Andre Kertesz. I was a little disappointed that the amount of photos displayed was a bit minimal, but this is only a minor complaint. I was actually much more impressed by the grounds of the museum. This is truly a beautiful setting and it is a wonder to me that it sits next to one of the most horrible aspects of Los Angeles, the 405 freeway. The words "traffic jam" are synonymous with this stretch of the freeway. The buildings are interesting from an architectural viewpoint and the views of the city are quite amazing from each of them. There are a number of nicely designed gardens as well on the grounds. I will definitely be returning even if it is only to sit and read a book.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?