<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004





This is my friend Alexis and my fat ass celebrating her birthday on Friday night. For the few who read this she is the "sneeze girl" from a previous post. I had a great time, but this led to the first hangover I've had in a very long time on Saturday.

That party was a fun change of pace from Thursday evening when the transmission on my truck went out on me over by LAX. $1500 for repairs. Thanks! Just what I needed. Needless to say, I might not be going out quite as much in the near future.

The Rodney Bingenheimer documentary MAYOR OF THE SUNSET STRIP comes out on Tuesday. I already wrote about this, but once again if you love music you have to check this movie out. I was able to buy a copy today and the DVD extras look pretty good. The cover says there's over two hours of extra footage so I'm looking forward to watching it again and listening to the commentaries by the director and Rodney.

The money I have to spend to repair my truck is probably going to affect my concert going. That is a shame because there seems to be a lot of interesting shows coming up. The main one is going to be Brian Wilson performing the SMILE album at the Disney Hall in downtown LA. I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and possibly a hard ticket to get, but there is no way I can miss this one. I LOVE the Beach Boys and I've been laughed at for doing so. There are still a lot of people who think they are worthless, but they are simply wrong. It is some of the music I can listen to over and over again and still get chills up my spine . If you want to see a grown man cry look for me at the SMILE show.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?