<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004



I saw last night that Johnny Ramone died. I knew he was in bad shape, but it still came as a surprise. Just this past weekend there was a big tribute concert to the Ramones in Hollywood where a lot of famous musicians played covers. First Joey, then Dee Dee and now Johnny and all within three years I think. I just find it strange that they all died so relatively close to one another.

Suddenly a bunch of unexpected shows are upon me.

Friday: Legendary Stardust Cowboy and the South Bay Surfers at some bar in a hotel near Hollywood. Sounds like a good night of mental instability.

Saturday: M83+others at the Knitting Factory. I just suddenly read a lot about this show and it really has me intrigued. I like the references to soundscapes and My Bloody Valentine. It sounds like I could be floating on a sea of sound if I go.

Sunday: Siouxsie Sioux at Anaheim House of Blues. I've had a ticket for months so this one is no surprise.

Monday: Futureheads at Spaceland. I've never heard them, but I've read quite a bit on some blogs. It's free so maybe it will be worth checking out.

I watched a pretty average movie last night called THE GIRL NEXT DOOR. The actress in it was by no means average, though. Elisha Cuthbert is simply beautiful. She plays the daughter in 24 and made an impressive appearance in OLD SCHOOL.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?