<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 31, 2004



I just got the album, Future Perfect, by Autolux the other day. I love this album right now. I'm really glad I heard a song on the radio because otherwise I would still be unaware of them. I don't keep up with music quite like I once did so I end up missing out on stuff sometimes. This band is from L.A. and I'm wondering how long they've been around and how many live shows I've missed because I was completely unaware of them and their sound. As to their sound I'm going to simplify things immensely and call it "shoegazer." The guitars sound really great on the album; it's that fuzzed out sound I love so much. The vocals are hushed and smooth. They are opening for Blonde Redhead in November at the Henry Fonda Theater and I'm going to have to try and make it to this show. Everything I was hoping to get from the M83 show I went to a few weeks ago I instead found in Autolux so I'm really pleased with this little surprise.

I'm pretty broke right now so my leisure time activities are suddenly going to be quite limited. My November shows are shaping up to be:

Lost Sounds at the Scene in Glendale on the 6th.

I was originally going to the All Tomorrow's Parties festival in Long Beach, but I think I'm going to skip it. The upcoming versions in the UK look pretty interesting in terms of the band line-ups. I wish I could go to those instead.

Wolf Eyes and Comets on Fire at the Echo on the 11th. I think I'm looking forward to this the most. I'm pretty unfamiliar with these bands, but what I've heard seems interesting. I can always use a night of noise and guitar mayhem.

Warlocks, Dead Meadow, Frausdots probably at the Troubadour on the 13th although they are also playing the 14th at the Echo.

Wilco at the Wiltern on the 19th.

Blues Explosion at the Henry Fonda on the 23rd.


I'm sure other stuff will pop up for me to do or see. It seems like more interesting movies are being released lately as well.

Just out of curiosity I'm wondering if anyone reads this other than my two friends. If you do please leave your name and where you're from in the comments area or just e-mail me. I'd be more than happy to hear from people who could turn me on to some music that I may have let slip by. Actually all this blog stuff, as noted in my sidebar, has helped me discover a lot of music already, but I could always use more.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?