<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 03, 2004





Saturday afternoon Suze and Larry accompanied me to our friend, Rory's, wedding where we met up with some other friends, Sarah, Dat, Andy, and Kim. Most of us know each other from working and frequenting a record store that no longer exists called Tempo. It was a nice ceremony and the first I've ever been to that was purely civil. It was a nice change of pace for me in that there was absolutley no mention of religion throughtout the ceremony. People may come and go in my life, but I'm very grateful that I have a solid core of friends who I'm sure I will continue to see until the day I die. Some of them are in these pictures that I posted. I've probably never said it to them, but they mean the world to me and it was a pleasure to hang out with them at this event.

After the wedding Suze, Kim, Andy, and myself went to a nearby restaurant to have some drinks and a snack. Before I go on I have to make clear here that I am a huge Dodger fan. I hate to admit that I sometimes let the results of a game affect my psyche. Well, as we walk into the restaurant the Dodgers are losing to the San Francisco Giants 3-0 in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and one out. Needless to say my nerves are on edge. The next thing I know the Dodgers have tied the score and they need only one run to clinch the West and go on to the playoffs. The bases are still loaded and Steve Finley comes up to the plate. On the second pitch he hits a grand slam and all hell breaks loose. Dodgers win the pennant! Dodgers win the pennant! It was such an amazing moment and just a really great exclamation point to an entertaining day.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?