<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 19, 2004



Should I go see the Mistreaters and Baseball Furies tonight at Spaceland? I just listened to some mp3's at the Mistreaters website and they sound like they might be good live. I'm getting old and if I go out I want to be satisfied with my decision. Am I just going to hear some generic garage punk and regret stepping out of the house? I guess I'll make my mind up later. I used to go see every band that came through town, but nowadays I don't have the patience or money to sit through crap. I love garage punk, but too often it is a case of "you've seen one band you've seen them all." I just want to see a little variation on a theme and I don't know if that would be the case this evening.

I sound kind of cranky so I'll add to this post to make it a little more positive. To the right you'll see a bunch of links and they are there because I think they are pretty worthwhile. The newest link is for Agony Shorthand and I highly recommend it to you music fans. I'm pretty late in discovering this site, but better late than never. It turns out that the editor of this site is Jay Hinman who used to do a really great fanzine called Superdope. Back in 1994 I drove up to San Francisco with my friends Larry Hardy and Jerry to see the Blues Explosion play and they were friends with Jay. He let us stay at his place and drove us around the city and I am very grateful for that. We got to eat some really good fish and chips at some pub near American Music Hall and I had an opportunity to go to Amoeba Records in Berkeley. At his place we were also able to see some jaw-dropping video of William Shatner doing "Rocketman." I need to get a copy of that! Ah... the days of travelling long distances just to see a band. I haven't done that in awhile. San Francisco is a great city; I should check to see if any bands I like are playing up there on some future weekend and do a roadtrip.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?