<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 08, 2004



I need to lose weight, probably about thirty pounds to be honest with you and I've been exercising pretty regularly, but I don't know how much good it is doing. I still look pretty big, so I'm afraid I was looking a lot bigger a few months ago. I think I'll try to lose fifteen by the end of the year. I think it will be good to set a little goal and see if I accomplish it. The reason I bring this up is because I went for a walk this evening and I took my trusty I-Pod with me; everything in my life seems to relate back to music. Now that it gets dark earlier it seems that fewer people are outside and I love this. There are a few people in my life whose company I enjoy, but I must say that I like solitude quite a bit. It was nice to be walking this evening and hardly come into contact with anyone. I don't hate crowds, but I do think people are much better taken in small doses. I had the I-Pod cranked loud so I really was in my own secluded little world. I like to throw it on shuffle and be surprised by what comes up. Tonight's significant surprise was "Hide and Go Seek, Parts 1 and 2" by Blacktop. It's basically a Bo Diddley-esque jam that makes me want to shake my ass like a madman. I need to have a party or DJ somewhere just so I can play this song. The band locks into a hypnotic groove which is punctuated by some of the most amazing sounding feedback you will ever hear. It was nice to drown out the world with this great song.

Yesterday I wasn't so fortunate in maintaining my seclusion. I went to see THE INCREDIBLES and it seems that so did the rest of the world. The theater I was in ended up packed to the gills and it kind of bummed me out. I hate sitting next to people I don't know in theaters. Call me crazy, but I like some space between me and other people. There was, or maybe still is, a theater in New York called Anthology Film Archives. It was basically devoted to experimental film and I think the chairs in the theater were almost like cocoons. Once seated you could not see the people next to you. It's been a long time since I read about this so I could be wrong on the details and it is simply wishful thinking on my part. I guess those sitting arrangements wouldn't be so great if you were out on a date, but personally, when I'm at a movie the only thing I'm concerned with is the movie. I'm sounding like Scrooge right now so I'll state now that I got over the fact that the theater was packed. I loved this movie. I like the other Pixar stuff, but this one really struck me. I actually got a little teary eyed at one point just thinking about the imagination involved in making this. It's superheroes and James Bond all rolled into one. The look of the film is amazing. Part of it is a great Modernist suburbia and the other part is every great Bond villian's lair. The way some of the characters looked also reminded me of the MAD MONSTER PARTY which is a great claymation movie from the sixties and it involves all the classic monsters like Dracula and Frankenstein. The story is really enjoyable and it was fun watching the little kid sitting next to me jumping up and down in his seat and laughing because he was so excited. This will definitely be a must buy when it comes out on dvd.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?