<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 20, 2005



Friday night I watched ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND again. Such a good movie and that is really all I have to say about that. People can drive you crazy, but all the hassle is sometimes worth it because they give such joy as well.

I saw a show on MTV2 called Wonder Showzen and I love it. It takes the form of a kid's show like Sesame Street, but this show shouldn't be watched by kids. It is so wrong which makes it right up my alley. I have to believe that someone will complain about it and it will be taken off the air so I'm going to savor every sweet moment while it is on.

Have I mentioned how much I love the sandwiches at 7-11? Believe it or not they're really good. Turkey on jalapeno bread. Count me in.

Tomorrow begins a stretch where I have a chance to see a few concerts just about every week. Monday is Joy Zipper at Spaceland and it is free which is a big incentive in getting me to go. I've heard a few songs and my take on them would be Beach Boys/Phil Spector/Velvet Underground/Girl Groups kind of sound. Wednesday is Ambulance LTD and Autolux at the Glass House in Pomona. Finally Friday I will probably go see Stars at the Troubadour. I heard a song by one of the opening bands called Apostle of Hustle that I liked so that is a little more reason to go. Of course my attendance is just theoretical because it all depends on how lazy I actually am on the evenings of these shows.

Comments:
did you end up going to see joyzipper? i'll have to check out their cd the next time i'm at amoeba.
i know what you mean by being lazy, i haven't been going out nearly as much as a month or so ago. sometimes it's just nice to stay home watching movies while saving money.
 
I did go to Joy Zipper and I thought they were pretty good. Maybe I'll write about it soon. I'll probably skip the Glass House tonight. I'm sure I'll have a chance to see Autolux some other time. I'm still going to try and go to the Troubadour on Friday.
 
I think I'ma get me one of them sammiches over the weekend. Each time you mention it, it sounds more and more tantalizing.

It better live up to the hype, or I'ma go after you.
 
Wow, now I have to live with your wrath if the sandwiches don't live up to the hype! I've had roast beef on an onion roll with a horseradish mayo, turkey and swiss on wheat with a chipotle mayo, and turkey on jalapeno bread. Karen said the egg salad on wheat is good, but I haven't tried that. All I ask of food is that it have flavor and these sandwiches have flavor.
 
I didn't know about the roast beef. That sounds better to me now than the turkey. I love a nice onion roll and, what, you say horseradish? Yum.
 
get it mark!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?