<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 10, 2005




This is my car. It's a 1963 Chevy Impala. You might go so far as to say it is my dream car, although nowadays I'd prefer to have the '59 or '60 model. I'm not a gearhead. My interest in cars is based purely on aesthetic reasons. I like the way they look. I like the flow of the lines of the body. Does that make me shallow?

I've realized that in the past two months I've basically kept to myself. With an exception or two I haven't called anyone to go and hangout. For some reason I just feel like doing exactly what I want to do with no compromise. That has amounted to not doing much of anything at all actually. Honestly, I doubt that my presence is missed by anyone. It's not even spring yet and the weather is already starting to feel a little bit like summer here in L.A. Back East people are freezing. Go figure. As the weather changes I suppose so will my temperament. I'm a bit icy right now, but I'm sure that I'm bound to thaw out at some point.

Everything I've written so far probably makes no sense to anyone. First cars then the weather and metaphors. What the... I haven't driven my car in awhile probably because it is a gas guzzler and the price of gas right now seems to rise everyday. With all this nice weather approaching I'm thinking that I'll have to bite the bullet and fill her up sometime in the near future. It's starting to be time to give her a good wash and turn that ignition key. I've never really taken advantage of living in Southern California. If you saw my pale white skin you'd know that I don't frequent the fine beaches that are scattered all around here, but that is going to have to change a little bit. I yearn to drive my Impala up PCH with Zuma Beach as my destination while listening to Neil Young's album Zuma. I know it is a little obvious, but hearing "Cortez the Killer" blasting out of the speakers would be mighty nice. I'd like to get there early and set a chair down in the sand and just read a book for awhile and just enjoy what I see before me. Would anyone care to join me?


Comments:
The beach sounds so nice to me right now. I'm not a very "beachy" person myself, but I love to live by the water. The combination of muscic, wind, warmth, and salt air sounds wonderful...
 
The beach sounds really great right about now. Though I am not a truly "beachy" person to the core, I do love to live in close proximity to the water.

The combination of music, wind, warmth, and salt air sounds like a dream.
 
Road trip!!!
Gotta bring some beach boys along as well....and crank up "don't worry baby" just after sunset on the way back?
 
This will happen at some point so I will keep you posted if you want to go.
 
Nice. It posted both of my comments at once... You can tell I tried to recreate the first with the second...
 
My wife tells me that I have never grown-up. Well, I am not going to argue as long as I can still play with my trucks.

Floor Mat Car
 
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?