<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 31, 2005



Last night I watched a movie called THE NOTEBOOK. It was a nice and entertaining romantic movie. You know... boy meets girl, boy loses girl, etc, but it was pretty well done. It's about a couple who meet in the forties and their tale is told by a man to a woman in the present day. There's a bit of a twist, but you can guess it pretty early on in the movie. I couldn't help but think about my parents as I watched it. They celebrated their fourtieth wedding anniversary this past April. It has been a week since my mom died. I know that things have been harder for my dad than me. Just the other day he was looking through some of my mom's things and I could tell it was really hitting him. I think about my mom all the time no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing, but I can't say that I feel depressed. I'm definitely sad, but I'm not going to crawl up into a ball and cry day and night. It sometimes feels like people are expecting me to do that. I can honestly say that life is a little less worthwhile for me, but it goes on. Just last night I was thinking about something and I thought that I should share it with my mom, but of course I can no longer do that. I have an image of her when she came home from the hospital two weeks ago. I put on the cd of Antonio Carlos Jobim's THE COMPOSER OF "DESAFINADO," PLAYS and she was tapping her hands on the bed along to the music. She had her eyes closed and I'm sure she wasn't feeling well at all, but I know she was enjoying that music. I like that image.

Friday night is Of Montreal and Tilly And The Wall at someplace in Hollywood. I'm going to try and make it to this, but we'll see how I'm feeling that night. I haven't heard too much Of Montreal, but it reminds me of poppy, psychedelic stuff like those Elephant 6 bands or even the Shins and Beulah. I haven't heard Tilly And The Wall, but I've read some good reviews and the girls in the band sure are cute. One of the girls tap dances on stage as percussion so that sounds interesting. I'm always game for seeing a nice pair of gams.

Comments:
Excellent, love it! » »
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?