<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 14, 2005



We go from mystery to cold, hard time. My mom has cancer and it is terminal. I'll spare the details, but we've been told she has a month to six months to live. I'm bracing myself for brevity while at the same time hoping that she'll outlive me. I found out yesterday and I'm slowly coping with the news better. Still, if I lose it while talking to you you'll have to excuse me for that because the reality of the situation tends to hit me suddenly and unexpectedly and I can't really control it completely. Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I'll be around. I'll still be going to the occasional concert because music has always helped me through hard times and I'm sure that will still be the case now. My mom should be coming home from the hospital on Tuesday and a nurse is going to be provided to help her out. Right now she doesn't know the diagnosis and my dad doesn't want to tell her. I'll leave that decision to him although I'm sure she'll start to realize on her own what is going on. We just don't want her to suffer at all. She said she wants to listen to some bossa nova so we'll be blasting that over the stereo when she comes home.

Comments:
Rog,

I can't express how sorry I am to hear this. My heart goes out to you and if there is ANYTHING you could possibly need, I'll be there.
As for your previous post about your blog experiment being a failure, I disagree. I look forward to reading your posts even if I don't reply to them. I have also looked forward to hearing about these new "things" in your for inspiration since we were kids & love reading your insights.
Take some time off as you have much more important things to deal with. the blog will always be there, as well as your lurking readers and your friends.
Hang in there & we'll be around when you need us.

Dave (& Sandy too)
 
Thanks Dave. I appreciate your message and thoughts.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?