<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 12, 2005



On Wednesday, the end of my work day left me at the UCI Medical Center in Orange. The previous day my friend Kim had a double mastectomy at this very institute so being that I was in the neighborhood as they say I gave her a visit. I had images of her laying in bed, barely able to move on account of all the bandages wrapped around her chest. I was very wrong. As I entered the room she was sitting in a chair and she was rather chipper, all things considered. No bandages and her surgery went really well; better than even the doctors had imagined. Surgery has certainly advanced from the past. I hope this is the end of this for her and a return to normalcy will begin.

Saturday I went to the library and picked up some books. Now I need to find a good beach chair and I will start spending some time reading by the beautiful ocean. My feet and legs could sure use a little bit of color.

What else does the future hold? It seems that I will be hitting a bit of a dry spell in terms of concerts for awhile.

July 9th is Dungen at the Troubadour.

July 31st is the Pernice Brothers at the Knitting Factory.

August 7th is Teenage Fanclub at the Knitting Factory.

August 20th is Shellac and Autolux at the Ex Plex.

If I can find a really, really cheap flight I might go to NYC to see the Hunches and Cheater Slicks at the end of June. I'm talking crazy here because I can't really afford this trip. but who knows.

Museum shows that I plan on going to in the future are a Paul Strand exhibit at the Getty and a Greta Garbo photo exhibit at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.

This Saturday I am looking forward to seeing the Go-Betweens at the Troubadour and Sunday I think I am going to see the Andre Kertesz exhibit at LACMA.

Comments:
Thanks for coming by, Roger... I really appreciate it. I was, and continue to be in good spirits...
 
What books did you check out?
 
A film book called "Rebels On The Backlot." Then two pulp noir novels, "The Killer Inside Me" by Jim Thompson and "Black Dahlia" by James Ellroy.
 
The Ellroy should be great. It would be interesting to follow up with Black Dahlia Avenger by Steve Hodel if you haven't read.

I, on the other hand, continue to have ten books here to begin, and can't yet focus... Maybe today?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?