<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 05, 2005



This weekend has been somewhat mellow and that's not a bad thing. Friday and Saturday I ended up going to birthday party dinners and a good meal with friends is always a nice thing. Yesterday I went to a matinee of LORDS OF DOGTOWN. It's not bad and, actually, it is entertaining, but the story was already told in DOGTOWN AND Z-BOYS in a much more interesting way. The dramatized version just seemed a little bit superfluous to me. Today I went to Fingerprints Records to see John Doe do an acoustic set. I should get his new album because everything I hear off of it I like, plus he duets with Neko Case on one song. The set was good and I've always liked the sound of his voice.

I don't know what is coming up. I planned on buying a ticket to see Devo at the Anaheim HOB, but tickets are $62.50 so that is not going to happen. I can't imagine what the service charges come out to. That really is just a ridiculous amount for a concert ticket. The only thing I have planned for sure are the Go-Betweens in a couple of weeks. I've been told that Dungen is worth checking out so who knows, maybe I'll check that out at the Troubadour. In general I think it is time for little road trips, museum and gallery visits, restaurant visits, and more concert and movie going. I'll have to start writing some stuff down and get my butt in gear to attend the stuff I write down. It's time for me to have some fun.

Comments:
Really glad you came on Saturday. You always make things interesting, and you are always first on the list.

Oh, and 1982 for the song, and 1983 for the movie. So there.

Love,
kim
 
Can't edit comments, too bad.

Devo would've been great, but that is way too much money, I agree.

Road trips, museums, sounds excellent. Hope you will include us in some of your adventures... I'll be ready soon.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?